Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Posting my Sasha collettion photos

I'm starting to sort out my Sasha collection. The question was 'who to start with?' Since our forecasted sunny day didn't materialize I decided to post my early Gotz waif. Her known history is a sad one but with a nice ending. She was bought at a garage sale 10 or so years ago, a childhood leftover and then retrieved after that long from the bottom of a toy box in disaray with hair all askew and various marks, and floppy limbs to land on ebay as a bargain Buy It Now. So although she has no child to love her now she is restored and stands tall among my other Sashas. She's wearing an original Gotz raincape, new era Gotz shoes and reproduction dungarees and shirt by me. I know her view of life is better than from a bottom of a toxbox now. View her photo on the right near the bottom of the blog.
She is Sasha Amei after the Swiss knitter of lovely Sasha Festival charity donations. Later you will see some of Amei's knitting on my Baby Sashas.

No comments:

Post a Comment